Location: Gore Bay, Manitoulin Island, Ontario
Knowledge and Experience:
- Consistently write, translate, and code web software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users or super users to operate new or modified programs.
- Work professionally with external customers, Government Agencies and auditors.
- Compliance of IT best practices, documentation procedures and company/government regulations.
- Takes direction from Senior Web Developers when advised by the Application and Development Manager.
- Responsible for GUI content, images, menu features and cosmetics for any web site.
If you are interested in this or any other position, please fill out the Forms Page
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Extensive relational database experience with: SQL, MySQL, DB2.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Experience in application/graphic design is considered an asset.
- Experience with Joomla (1.6) considered an asset.